Terms and Conditions
- Definitions. In these Conditions, the following definitions apply:
- “Business Day” a day (other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday) when banks in London are open for
- “Conditions” the terms and conditions as set out in this document.
- “Contract” the contract between the Supplier and the Customer for the sale and purchase of the Goods in
- accordance with these Conditions.
- “Customer” the person or firm who purchases the Goods from the Supplier.
- “Goods” the goods (or any part of them) set out in the Order.
- “Grade” the grade of the Goods as set out in the Supplier’s literature, a copy of which is available on request.
- “Pro Forma Invoice” the proforma invoice issued by the Supplier to the Customer outlining the price payable
- and Grade of the Goods.
- “Order” the Customer’s order for the Goods, as set out in the Customer’s account form.
- “Supplier” Uein (registered in Italy).
2. Basis of contract
- These Conditions apply to the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms that the Customer seeks to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
- The Order constitutes an offer by the Customer to purchase the Goods in accordance with these Conditions. The Customer is responsible for ensuring that the terms of the Order submitted by the Customer is accurate.
- The Order shall only be deemed to be accepted when the Supplier issues a Pro Forma Invoice, at which point the Contract shall come into existence.
- The Contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. The Customer acknowledges that it has not relied on any statement, promise, representation, assurance or warranty made or given by or on behalf of the
- Supplier which is not set out in the Contract.
- This Contract may not be cancelled by the Customer except with the agreement in writing of the Supplier on terms that the Customer shall indemnify the Supplier against all costs, expenses and liabilities incurred by the Supplier in relation to the Contract prior to its cancellation.
- The Goods are as described in the Pro Forma Invoice supplied by the Supplier.
- The Supplier allocates a Grade to the Goods using reasonable care and skill.
- The Supplier shall deliver the Goods to the location set out in the Order or such other location as the parties may agree (Delivery Location) at any time after the Supplier notifies the Customer that the Goods are ready.
- Delivery of the Goods shall be completed:
- on the Goods’ arrival at the Delivery Location; or
- if to be collected by the Customer or a courier (on behalf of a Customer) the collection of the Goods from the Delivery Location by that party.
- Any dates quoted for delivery are approximate only, and the time of delivery is not of the essence.
- The Supplier shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods.
5. Quality and Returns
6. Title and risk
7. Price and payment
8. Limitation of liability